Monday, November 12, 2012
Day Sixty Two.
Today Mie was at school! Also we had buffa for two hours, so it was just a fantastic day right from the get go! After school I went home and ate lunch, I didn't really do anything once again today. The weather has just not been the best. It is cold and rainy (but that is no excuse to not go out!). I have been doing stuff with Fabiola at home like cooking and she has been helping me a lot with my homework. It is so nice of her to help me! I have actually learned a lot more having her help me comprehend many things. I think in italian, but I still haven't had a dream in italian (at least not one that I remember). When that day comes I will be such a happy person! Now I can understand when people talk probably 80% of the time. The only time I am confused is when I am in art class and sometimes philosophy. Other than that though, I understand a TON. When people talk to me I understand 95% of the time. Watching movies and TV I can understand if there are subtitles, and without subtitles I don't really understand that much. It depends on the movie or show. I can say that for the time being I am content with my italian. I think it is where it should be for being here for two months. I don't feel like I am falling behind or excelling, but I am exactly where I should be. Recently I have noticed how much better I am. I AM HAPPY! Also school is getting better, and hanging out with friends is getting better too. I just can't wait for the time when I will really connect with a group of italian people here. I am close with the other foreign exchange students around Italy, but I want to root myself in this country with people I am surrounded by everyday. I want them to remember me and our friendship (once that friendship is made haha). Overall though, I am so very happy here. I couldn't ask for a better host family (and also my other two families are amazing), school, friends, and support system back home. Thanks to everyone who is a part of my life, I love you all. CIAO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment