So I haven't written anything on my blog for about a week. I am now going to try and remember everything that has happened since last Tuesday (this will be interesting). So let's all pretend I wrote this a week ago!
Here goes nothing:
Today Mie was STILL sick ): I missed her oh so much, but I learned to branch out and talk to other people when I didn't have her to talk to! I think it was good for me to have that slight separation, but I still missed her! I talked with a lot of people from terza (the final year of school, so my age) today and it was so nice. I miss being in classes with them and I wish that we could have more classes together! Our principal told us we couldn't though because they have many tests and interrogations during the final year. The weird thing is that all my other exchange friends in different cities get to be in the final year classrooms... Our school is the only one that won't let us (awesome). We are only in one terza class (3C) and they are all really nice. I am glad I have at least ONE class with people my age! We are going to TRY and ask our italian tutor if we can talk to the president about us being in maybe a few more classes like this. Oh well, enough of me ranting. School went well today, that's about it. After school I went home and ate lunch with la nonna (: and then I did some homework and skyped with my momma. It was quite enjoyable. Oh yeah! Today is the election for the next president of the USA! How exciting (actually I am kind of happy I haven't been in America to witness all the intense debates and fighting and propoganda; I hate that stuff). I am somewhat indifferent in this particular election though (this doesn't mean I don't care about politics or voting for our next president, actually it means the complete opposite) because there are many pros and cons to each candidate for me. It is basically half and half. I would be perfectly content with having either of them as my president. I think we get so tied up in the competition and intensity between the two parties, that it can really hurt our country as a whole. I honestly don't like having two parties that represent COMPLETELY different things. There is no compromise or middle opinion to any of it. I wish it was more of people representing things that they believe in whether it crossed party lines or not. It doesn't have to be, "to be a republican you must believe all of this" and "to be a democrat everything you believe is the complete opposite of republicans," this just is not how it should be to me. George Washington had some reason when he said political parties would destroy this country. There is so much bitterness and hatred that comes with each election, it really can tear us apart. Wow, I think I definitely got a little too deep there for a blog post, but I guess I never really have explained my feelings on all of this. Well, now you know! I hope the best decision will be made for our country, and I wish I was there to vote! Good luck to both candidates! Now, back to my actual post haha. After I hung out for a little bit Fabiola had to go to a meeting, and when she returned home we ate dinner and now I am writing this. Yes it was an uneventful day, but I was surprisingly content with it! I am happy with every single day I have here. Now I am going to sleep, so goodnight world!
No comments:
Post a Comment