Monday, November 26, 2012
Day Seventy Six.
Thanksgiving is tomorrow! Today we are preparing for it by buying all of the groceries and what not. I wrote down all the recipes and I made a grocery list, and then after school and lunch we headed to the store! We are making all of the traditional Thanksgiving foods my family makes. That would be turkey (duh), cranberry salad, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, cheese ball, pumpkin pie, green bean casserole, banana bread (and pumpkin bread!), and then some italian foods that other people are going to bring! After we had cooked some things (the easy things) we headed to the store. I actually like grocery shopping here, as odd as it sounds, because the store is so much fun! There is this little device that you check all your groceries with, and then there are also two floors to the grocery store so you get to ride this cool little runway belt to the second floor! The littlest things entertain me (those of you who know me well are quite aware of this). My grandma had sent some ingredients for the cranberry salad because my family knows it is my favorite! She sent the jello and the red hots because they don't really have anything similar to that here in Italy. When we had finished the cranberry salad Fabiola put it outside on the ledge OUT of the window to cool off haha. I, for some weird reason, thought it was hilarious. I then took a picture of it and put it on facebook. Yeah. Anyway, they loved it! I told them next year I would send them the ingredients so they can eat it again! That was basically the extent of my day. I am just so excited for tomorrow though! I get to have an italian Thanksgiving and I get to share it with such amazing people. Fabiola also had me practice saying the Thanksgiving story in italian because she knows a lot of people will be asking about it tomorrow. That makes me nervous, but I know I can do it! Thanksgiving, here we come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment