Saturday, November 24, 2012
Day Seventy Three.
I went to Cremona today and saw my best exchange student friends ever (: GOD I LOVE YOU ALL. Seriously though. I am so happy to know each and every one of you. I wish we all lived closer so we could see each other more often, but when I do see you I am always so HAPPY. When I arrived at Cremona with my host parents, we went to meet everyone at this piazza. When I saw Tessa, Kari, Kayleigh, Meghan, Dewayne, Anna, Esther, Regan, Ilsa, and Lenny I gave them all a huge hug! YOU ALL ROCK. Then we all updated each other on our lives and what's been happening! We took lots of photos, waited for other groups to come, and then we were on our way to enjoy the day! It was the Festa del Torrone (a type of sweet typical of Cremona) so there was food EVERYWHERE. Us exchange students were starving, as always, so the first thing we ate was a canolo. AHHHH. Why is italian food so delicious?! I could literally eat all the time and still have room for more food. I am never full. I don't know why. It is a serious issue. The other exchange students said it is the same way with them though, so maybe it is some weird disease you acquire when becoming an exchange student (a.k.a "I will eat everything and not care about my weight" disease)? Who knows. Then some people got these HUGE donuts, and then we got chocolate bars. Haha, yeah it's bad (also I had already eaten breakfast and then I ate a chocolate croissant on our way there). Then we walked around and enjoyed the day! It was full of so many people. Then Tessa and Esther were telling me how there was a SUPER hot guy that worked at a store called Playlife, so we obviously had to go to confirm this. I was slighty disappointed though because I didn't find him as attractive as how I had pictured! They thought I was insane since I didn't think he was super sexy. I might be insane, but I thought I had good taste in men! Oh well. Everyone has their own opinion when it comes to something like if someone is attractive or not (: Anyway, after this we walked around more, and then had to go to lunch! It was so good. I didn't expect it to be such a fancy lunch either. It was in this really pretty building, and we ate like kings and queens hehe. There were appetizers (pizza, salads, salmon, sauces, breads, etc), the main course (a rice dish with meat and bacon, and lasagna) and then dessert (chocolate mousse, cookies, fruit, cakes, meringues, etc)! It was fabulous. After lunch we had more free time! I had told Fabiola and Francesco I would meet them at the center at 5:00 pm to go home, and then we went our own ways. Me and my friends went to this big church and saw the inside. We also saw the tallest bell tower in europe (I thought that was pretty cool)! With time, Cremona was becoming more and more full of people. Soon we had to hold onto each other while walking through the crowd as to not lose another person! I got lost for a split second though ): I was freaking out because my phone had died, and then the place where we were supposed to meet my host parents and their Rotary directors had no service! Sooooo we were screwed. We could not get a hold of anyone, and this center was PACKED with people because there was a show going on in the middle. For luck, Fabiola had seen me and my friends because we are taller than most people so she YELLED out my name. Thank the Lord above, I heard her! We were all so happy because we were not sure how in the world we would find them! So this is when I had to say goodbye to everyone ): I was really sad, but we are trying to get together for Christmas! I hope we are able to. Jamie road back home with us (my friend from Genova) and it made for a really fun car ride! We talked for a while, and then we were listening to italian songs! I love this girl because she is just always so happy. I swear she cannot be sad! Once we arrived at the train station in La Spezia, I said goodbye to Jamie (she took the train from Spezia to Genova) :( Then we went home and ate dinner, and now I am going to go to bed because I have to go to school tomorrow! Thanks for an amazing day everyone! I hope to see you all super soon! CIAO CIAO CIAO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment