Friday, November 30, 2012

Day Seventy Nine.

YAY it is Saturday! This means I can sleep in a little! I had my italian class at 9:30 am with Mie, and it went wonderful as always. It is always fun for me, and I learn a lot of new things. So I guess you could say it is a win-win situation! After the class I walked back home. Today there is this huge market going on that is all the way down this road, and it has tons of different things. It is huge also! There were chocolates, sweets, salamis, meats, cheeses, wines, and breads! I wanted to buy everything. It was so pretty too! Everything looks so Christmasy (yeah that's not a word, I made it up) and I am always in a good mood when it has to do with Christmas! Once I got home we all ate lunch together, and then I skyped with my family! We told each other how our Thanksgiving had been, and for everyone it was really good! We were all happy we got to skype on this holiday. Then I went to Piazza Verdi to meet Mie and some friends to walk around La Spezia! We went to a bar and got some appetizers and drinks, and it was so much fun! I love hanging out with my italian friends. They are so amazing. I am surrounded by so many amazing people, it truly is a gift. After this Mie and I had to go because we were going to Sarzana to have dinner with Meghan (love her) and then walk around! When we got there Meghan had to stay home a little longer and couldn't come to dinner anymore (to say it nicely, her host mom is crazy), so Mie and I went to La Pia (an AMAZING pizza and farinata restaurant) for dinner! The line was so long, and there was a table of like 30 little boys (I am not even joking), so our patience was tested. When we got a table though we were so happy! I got pizza and farinata (like always) and Mie got farinata and stracchino (a type of delicious cheese they eat with farinata). After our bellies were full with deliciousness, we went to meet Meghan in Piazza Romana. We called her and she told us that we were going to the right stop, but when we got there it was actually Piazza San Giorgio and she had to come all the way to us because we know nothing about Sarzana haha. Once we FINALLY met up we walked around and met some of her friends! Then we were all craving chocolate so badly. We went to this amazing chocolate shop. OH MY GOODNESS. I got hot chocolate (the italian kind, aka the thick and delicious chocolate) and I was so happy. We sat there in a pure state of satisfaction. I have a problem with chocolate. It's okay though because I am aware of it (right?). We also shared what we got since we each ordered something different. It was such a good night. After we finished we went to this little secluded area because Fabiola was supposed to come pick us up soon. The place we were meeting them was super crowded because there was a bar there and a club, so we decided to sit somewhere else and be loners. It was actually really fun! We saw this cat roaming around, and we were trying to call it over but it wouldn't come (even a cat didn't want to be around us). We hung out there for about an hour (she came later than we thought haha) and had a blast. We just talked about random things, and then we wanted gelato but the best store was closed ): So we just went back to where the bar was to wait for them. Once they got there we got in the car and everyone went home! It was a wonderful day. Except now my throat hurts a little bit, but I hope it just goes away in the morning! NIGHT EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment