Wow. I am tired. Today I woke up at 5:45 am to go to Biella. I am super excited, but I am also dead. Maybe we shouldn't have stayed up until 2:00 am last night. Hmm. Oh well! We ate breakfast (a.k.a cookies and nutella) and then we were on our way! We stopped at Genova to pick up another girl, Jamie, and then there was only two hours to go after that. We stopped at a gas station and bought some snacks, and then before we knew it we were there! Although on the ride, I found out some interesting things about Meghan. I think you all will enjoy this. I also got her approval to write this stuff, so it's all good!
Let's begin with things Meghan doesn't know about the world's geography (love you girl):
1) Isn't the dead sea in America?
2) There are kangaroos in Arizona.
3) Me: What is the name of that dessert in Arizona and California again?
Meghan: Oh! The Sahara Desert!
4) India is an island.
5) Africa is not below Europe! It is farther down!
6) Kansas is in Texas (this one her host family thought was true also).
7) Karrin no! Egypt is NOT in Africa!
8) Me: What are some states you know?
Meghan: California, Florida, New York, Boston....
And there were some more that I cannot remember at the moment. I will add them if we think of them again! It made for an interesting and very fun car ride!
Once we arrived it was cold, wet, rainy, and foggy. Even driving on our way there it was terribly foggy. You couldn't see more than maybe 75 feet in front of you. After that it was just white. We met some of the Rotary people and then went to a modern art museum! It was so cool, and had so many different types of art I had never seen before. I thought I would be bored, but I was having so much fun! Then something so awesome happened. The actual artist was there. YEAH. How cool is that?! They said that he never makes appearances for his artwork. He just happened to be there showing around a group a artists his work. We introduced ourselves, and then when one girl from India said where she was from he started flipping out saying he needed a picture with her! Apparently he has to write a column that has something to do with India and he needed a picture of an indian girl. Guess who gets to be in a famous italian magazine? YEAH I KNOW. It is so amazing. We were so happy for her! Also a little jealous haha. We were like "do you need an american girl?!" haha. After that we went to eat pizza! I got carbonara pizza, and we ate a ton of this little bread stick things. Then we got hot chocolate! I have already raved about how much I love the hot chocolate here, but let me say it again... I LOVE IT. Then we went back to the building from before to go to a Rotary meeting. We all introduced ourselves in italian, and then after we got to talk to the people for a while. I talked to these two girls for probably an hour or so (all in italian too, I was so happy I could understand and respond!), and at the end she gave me her number and told me the next time I am in Genova to text her and we can hang out! I am so excited and so happy we went! Then it was time to go, so all 4 of us piled up in the car and headed to Genova to eat dinner at Jamie's home! It was so amazing. We ate cheese bread (a type which is famous in Genova), farinata (specific to Liguria, where I live), and then this AMAZING dessert. I was so full, yet so satisfied. After that we spent the night at Andrea's house again, except we went straight to bed because we were so tired. Actually right before we went to sleep we had a pretty deep conversation about philosphy, and also about living in the wilderness (not that that is strange at all or anything), and then we went to sleep! Now I have to go, so BYE BYE!
No comments:
Post a Comment