Monday, October 8, 2012

Day Thirty.

Today Mie and I get out of school at noon! WE ARE SO HAPPY. It's the little things in life everyone. We were also happy because we were supposed to have gym, but then we didn't because it would mean we would have to stay at school until 1! After school I went home and ate lunch, did some homework, and then started to get ready for the night! Me, Mie, Beatrice, and some of her friends were going to Bonassola for the night! There was a festival of some sort going on where they put all these little candles in the sea  (thousands) at night, and then have a huge fireworks display! We took the train there, and it was about a one hour ride. Mie and I listened to some Italian music on the way, and talked about how excited we were for the pizza (we were starving). When we got there we picked up the pizzas (each person had their own pizza) and drinks. It is still so crazy to me to see 16 year olds buy alcohol here! I am always thinking "oh no they are going to get in trouble!" Oh wait, not really haha. Then we walked down to the beach and sat down to eat! I WAS SO PROUD OF MYSELF BECAUSE I FINALLY ATE A WHOLE PIZZA! Everyone here does, so I promised that the next time I ate a pizza I would eat the whole thing. All I can say is: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. After we were done eating (at this point I was so full I could barely move), we talked for a little bit and took a ton of pictures! It was so funny at one point because the two guys with us were trying to open their beer bottles, but they couldn't. They then decided to make an educated decision to go try and pull the top off by pulling it againt the rocks next to the beach. We were laughing so hard! When they finally got them open the bottles were spraying and they had to control it, so they just stuck their mouths over the top haha. Don't worry, I have pictures! Mie and I wanted gelato so badly about an hour after we ate, so we walked to a gelateria and I got chocolate gelato with nocciola. SO GOOD. We walked back to this giant boulder along the sea and sat there to watch them put the lights in the ocean and to see the fireworks! I almost fell a time or two, but everything was okay in the end. It was so beautiful, words cannot even describe. I have never seen anything like it! All those candles in the sea floating at night. I have some videos, but it just doesn't do it justice. Once all the candles had floated out far enough, the fireworks began! I have never been so close to fireworks in my life. We were sitting probably 100 feet from where they were shooting them off, and when they were in the sky I had to tilt my head back. They were literally right above us! Sometimes I even freaked out a little bit because I was afraid it would touch me or something (it's dumb I know!). Their were even fireworks that went on the water! AMAZING. After the show we headed back to the train, and it was 11:45 pm. I was exhausted. We slept on the train ride back (well, Mie and I did haha) and when we returned I walked home with Fabiola and Francesco, and went to sleep. It was another fantastic day for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment