Monday, October 29, 2012
Day Fifty One.
NO SCHOOL FOR KARRIN TODAY! (: I just have to go to an italian class for two hours, which is about 1000000000 times better. I was so happy with the outcome of the class because I understood everything they said, and when she was teaching us grammar it made sense (they teach in italian, and I thought it would be much harder than it actually was)! We also started reading a shortened passage of Cyrano (the guy with the huge nose), and I love this play because it is actually funny haha. It was one of the few plays I enjoyed reading in high school! We underlined words we didn't know, and then other people explained what they meant (in italian). After the class Mie and I went our separate ways, and then I hung out at home. After lunch my family went to a soccer game, and when they returned Andrea and I made fried zucchini flower thingies. I am not sure what they are called, but they are the flowers on the top of zucchinis, and they are AMAZING. I am obsessed with them. After that I carved my pumpkin! It was so nice because it made me feel at home. It was something familiar to me, and my family LOVED it! When Fabiola went to buy the pumpkin she told me that the workers want to see it when it is finished! I then felt the pressure to make it look really good though! I just made it a standard Halloween smile! Now my second host family wants to do one, and nonna wants me to make one for her! I love doing it, so the more the merrier! After I finished my pumpkin, we washed the seeds to bake them for tomorrow. Then I got ready to go out with Andrea and some of his friends. It was fun and they were all so nice to me (seeing that they were 3 or 4 years older than me!). We went to a bar for appetizers, and then to a pizzeria! I ate a whole pizza again! It is actually becoming quite easy for me to do now (unfortunately haha). After we ate we walked around La Spezia for a while, and then around midnight I was just way too tired. I asked if I could walk home, so I did haha. I am not going to lie, walking home alone at midnight on a Saturday was a little creepy, but all turned out well! Except I forgot to call Andrea right when I got home and I felt terrible! I had gone to get a glass of water and he called 5 times ): I called right back though and was like "MI DISPIACE ANDREA!" (I am sorry Andrea). Haha he said "DON'T WORRY KARRIN! TUTTO BENE!" What a great host brother! Now I am going to go to bed, finally. GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment