Monday, October 15, 2012
Day Thirty Four.
I am going to Genova today! I AM SO PUMPED. We are taking the train there, and it is about an hour long ride. Once we got to Genova, we stopped at this focacceria because Genova is famous for this bread with melted cheese on it. It was amazing... LIKE OMG. Also Fabiola got me some plain bread! Then we walked around for a little while, and stopped to look in some shops. We were all craving caffeine, so we went to this really cute coffee bar and I got a cappucinno with cocoa on top! Coffee here is sooo much better. Then we went to search for a winter coat for me! I found THE CUTEST one in a store, so I bought it! Haha. It was originally 390 euros, and I got it for 117 euros! I was a happy girl. Also it is an Italian coat, which is even better. Then I wanted to get a Long Champ purse (a french designer), so I bought one, and I got it on sale because Fabiola knew the owner! It was 140 euros and I got it for 70 euros! It was just a great day for sales for me I guess! I am in love with the purse, just for your information. After that we walked around for a while peaking our heads into stores, and then we split up with Simonetta (Fabiola's friend) to meet up with Andrea for lunch. We ate in this store called Coin, which was like Nordstrom's with their cafe. I had a tortilla thing with cheese, meat, tomatoes, and basil. YUMMY. Then we went to drop Andrea off at his home, and one our way we saw Christopher Columbus' house! It was so awesome to see the home of the man who discovered the place in which I live! I was in awe. It was absolutely beautiful also! Fabiola and I then walked down to the sea, and we saw the pirate ship that was built for the movie "Pirates" in 1986. It was a beautiful ship. Then this man who was selling necklaces on the street was SO PERSISTENT that he stuck the necklace on me as I was walking saying "DAI DAI" (come on), and Fabiola took it off me and said "no, grazie" haha she is so polite even when she doesn't have to be! When we walked away she rolled her eyes, and I was cracking up! My feet were killing me by this point, so we sat down for about 45 minutes and enjoyed the view. She then asked if I wanted to go to this store called Eataly, which is famous around the world (there is one in New York I think). It was so cool and everything looked delicious! It was like a gourmet Italian grocery store. There was also a restaurant in it in which you could eat! She bought some little cookies for me, and they were so good. Then we walked back to meet Simonetta and Francesco (he works there sometimes) at a bar to get a fruit smoothie! These were not like the ones in America, it was legitimately fruit blended together with no extra additives. IT WAS THE BEST SMOOTHIE I HAVE EVER HAD. I got the pineapple, peach, and kiwi one! After that Francesco took us to see this street of all these famous and old buildings that were gorgeous. The name of the Street was Viale Garibaldi, which is funny because that is the name of the street we live on in La Spezia! After that we walked back to the car and went home. I was so tired. We ate dinner and then I just had to go to sleep. It was such an amazing day. CIAO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment