Monday, October 8, 2012
Day Thirty One.
Sleeping in today felt so amazing. I woke up at 11:00 am refreshed and ready for the day! I got ready because I was going to go to Decathlon (sporting goods store) for tennis shoes for gym and Monterosso next weekend. I found a nice, cheap pair (15 euros), but they aren't the cutest things in the world. Oh well, I am only wearing them when absolutely necessary! When I got home we ate lunch, and then Fabiola and Francesco told me we were going to Pisa! I was so pumped! When we left it was beautiful and sunny in La Spezia, but when we got to Pisa (35 minutes away or so), it was dark and rainy! Luckily they had one umbrella, and then they bought another one for Francesco. It was 5 euros, and then it broke! They were not so happy (I don't blame them either haha). I took the cheesy photo with the leaning tower also! I felt like a true tourist! It was so funny because everyone who was there was awkwardly holding their hands up, but holding nothing haha. It is definitely the thing you must do when you go to Pisa. We also went inside the tower! I climbed over 300 steps to get to the top. I was tired, but it was so worth it! It was interesting too because right when you walk in the tower everything is kind of lopsided, so you have to balance yourself the entire time. It is fine at the top though! It is a spiral staircase, and then at the very top their are 7 bells that ring whenever there is a church service (and many other times of the day). They play them for each tourist group also, so we got to hear them! I also saw the inside of the church and the dome where people were baptized. It was so beautiful, and it's all hundreds of years old. That is such a crazy concept because nothing in America is as old as the architecture and monuments here. I was thinking "wow, I am in a church that was here 1000 years ago" and it is such a hard concept for me to grasp (I don't know why, I am weird). After we saw all the tourist sites, they took me to the Arno River and I got some gelato! We then walked around a little more, and then headed home! We ate dinner when we got home, and then I skyped with my family for a little bit! They said it was 29 degrees this morning! That is so cold compared to here! It is like 21 degrees celcius which is like 65 degrees farenheit. I like it, but I want it to get colder! Now I am going to go to bed, so goodnight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment