Sunday, October 21, 2012
Day Forty Three.
Today school went well! We had an assembly to see who will be the next "class presidents" and it was cool to see how a different school elects their leaders. Each group made a video and had all their points lined out. Mie and I were even in one video! It was fun haha. So that was the school day. I was really happy because we didn't have to actually learn anything AND we got got out 45 minutes earlier than school normally lets out! After school I went home and ate lunch with Fabiola, and after that I practiced some Italian and I got to Skype with Sarah Grossman! I love that woman! We had a good conversation haha. After that I went out with Fabiola to look at the market we have here every Friday! It fills the streets for a couple blocks, and it is really cool. I plan on buying some things there soon because it is cheap! Then I went to meet Mie and Beatrice at the bus stop! We then walked to find some food place for Beatrice, but it was closed so we walked back to the bus stop. Then I gave them these delicious meringue sweets Fabiola made, and they loved them! They are amazingly good. Then our favorite person came and talked to us. I don't know his name but he is always around the school and talks with us! He is so nice also. He was even in one of the videos for the president election for school! He was rapping Wiz Khalifa which made us love him even more. After that we met La Buffa at the school because Mir and I wanted to sign up for Italian classes on Saturday! I am so happy for this now because I don't have to go to school on Saturdays anymore! The class is from 9:30 am-11:30 am so I don't have to go to school! THANK THE LORD ABOVE! After we signed up, Buffa had us over to her home for tea and appetizers. Her house is like a mini castle. IT EVEN HAS A SPIRAL STAIRCASE. We all fell in love with it. Also the tea she made was amazing! There was also all these delicious sweet and savory foods. We enjoyed it very much so. She is just so nice! We talked for a while (in Italian, yay!) and then Mie and Beatrice had to go to catch their bus. So we said our goodbyes, but first Buffa wanted to take some funny photos haha. They were definitely interesting! We were holding some old candlesticks and swords she has, so that was an adventure! I seriously love this woman though. She is like my third grandma. After that we all went home and Andrea was back from college for the weekend, so we had a lovely dinner (as always)! Then there was the dessert... OMG. It was the meringue cookies she made earlier with chocolate fondant and panna which is like whipped cream but about 7562819364 times better. I seriously think it is my favorite dessert I have eaten so far here. Now I am going to bed because I am exhausted haha. I go to Milan tomorrow and I am so excited! I can't wait to tell you all how it goes! Buona notte!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment