Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Day Forty Five.
Today I leave Milan ): I DON'T WANT TO GO YET. Oh well, I can wait for the next time. I still have all day today also! I woke up and ate a croissant, and then we headed out to meet Fabiola and Francesco. We then went to a cafe and I got a cappuccino, duh. After that we went and saw the Arch of Peace. It is so pretty and so HUGE! Milly and Milano (their friends) also live so close to it, I am so jealous. They then wanted to show me Milan from 320 feet in the air, so we went to the Branca Tower. It was so beautiful to see Milan from so high up! It was also foggy that day, so the city kind of faded away the further you looked out. I loved it. After that we went to the church of Leonardo Da Vinci (Santa Maria delle Grazie)! That was so cool to see because we had learned about him in school, and there I was in the church where he did some of his most famous paintings! I wanted to see "The Last Supper" but you have to sign up for that and it is a 4-5 month waiting list. I am going to sign up for it though for February or March. I cannot wait to see it! Then we went to another church, but I do not remember the name! There are so many beautiful churches here in Italy just in general. I love it! Then we walked around in Vecchia Milano (old Milan) and it was so different from the fashion part of Milan. I liked seeing the differences. There was also almost nobody there. All the shops were closed and the buildings closed down. I did see a middle finger statue though, which was pretty cool. Then we went to lunch at this amazing store back by the Duomo. It is called "Rinascente" and it has all the high fashion designers in it, and then on the top floor (there are like 8 floors to this store also) there is a huge restaurant with all these different options. I had lasagna haha. It was also right next to the Duomo so when you walked out to the terrace you could see the top of the Duomo almost! I loved it. It was also cool because each section of it was separated based on what you wanted to eat. There was a section for, meat, sushi, fruits and vegetables, wine, champagne, pasta, dessert, tea and coffee, and something else I cannot remember. I liked that system though! After we ate we went back to their home to get my things, and then we headed back to La Spezia. I will miss Milan, but I am happy to go home! I miss my bed haha. When we got back we ordered pizza and I was STARVING, so I ate the whole thing! Then for dessert Fabiola gave me some of the meringues she made! They are delicious, by the way. Now I am going to sleep because I have school tomorrow -_- hahaha CIAO.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment