Monday, September 10, 2012
Day Four.
Today, I met many new people! I woke up at 8:00 am and got ready for the day. Last night I did not sleep very well, and I do not know why! I was not tired at all! My third host family's mother came to our flat and we walked around La Spezia for a little bit! She got my a croissant with nutella in it for breakfast, and then this almost tasting treat that is shaped like a fruit! It was so good. After that we went to their home and I finally met Camilla! I have been talking to her for a few months and it was so amazing to finally see her! We went to Portovenere for the day and I met so many of her friends. They were all so very nice, and they all have a lot of fun with the American cuss words. They know them all though! We tanned for a little bit, and then swam in the sea! Then we went into Chiara's boat to ride around the sea, except it ran out of gas! We had to have another boat pull us to the gas station, and they were so nice to us. Then we rode back to Portovenere and I got some focacce (it is bread with sauce or cheese or both, it is like pizza but not really haha). We walked around some more, and then we stopped at a restaurant and I got some water, and I talked with her friends a lot. They speak English very well, and they also helped me with my Italian! Camilla's mom then came to pick us up to take her to her Latin lesson, and her mother and I went to the mall! It has a few of the same stores as America (Footlocker, H&M), but most of the stores were different! I love their style, it is very dressy! We also went to the grocery store and she showed me all the food (YES). After that we went to pick up Camilla, and went back to their street. She dropped us off and we walked around a little longer (people walk a lot here, so I hope that helps to keep me from gaining weight!), and then we went back to her home for dinner! Wow, it was so good. We had an egg dish with zucchini, focaccia bread, salad with balsamic dressing, some sort of flat bean dish made with chick peas, and then we all went to get some gelato! Chiara was also at dinner with us, and we ran into her mom at the gelato store. She is very nice! After that Camilla, Chiara and I, walked to the sea to meet up with Camilla's boyfriend, Filippo. He was very nice! We walked around for a very long time, and they showed me a lot of the port and the boats. We even saw a boat of a famous person, but I don't remember who it was. I think it was a politician of some sort. It was a huge boat though. After that I went back to my home and filled out some information for my insurance plan. They also said I need a bigger purse! Haha. Not all of my stuff fits into my little side bag! I am planning on buying a nice one when we go shopping next. After that I watched 3D TV with my host father! We watched "Dinosaurs Alive" and it was so cool in 3D. I just took a shower and my family is talking to Francesca on Skype, their daughter! She is very wonderful! I cannot wait to meet her! Now I plan on going to bed soon to get ready for another day in Italia! Bye for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
:) you watched a dino movie in 3D with tu padre TEW CAYOOT
ReplyDelete