Friday, September 14, 2012
Day Six.
Today I met Daniela Ghiglione! She is the daughter of my second host family, and she is amazing! We walked around La Spezia for a little bit, and then met up with her boyfriend and his friend. They are all so nice to me, and it was fun to try and understand each other because they knew a few words in English (but other than that, NOTHING)! We ate a cafe and then walked around more haha. People walk everywhere here. I am pretty sure I have lost weight just from all the walking (I guess that is a good thing!). Daniela and I also went to Lerici, which is a beautiful city (kind of like Portovenere), by the sea. I met her friends Lorenzo and Chiara, and they were hilarious! Especially Lorenzo. Oh, and people here kiss all the time (on the cheeks, but sometimes A LOT closer to the mouth haha). Before we left Lerici, Lorenzo said "let me kiss you" haha (I was cracking up because of how he said it). That was a new culture shock for me (people really don't do that back home)! Then we all went home for dinner (around 8:45 pm) and then I went back out with Maria Manfroni and some of her friends! They are all so nice to me and have helped me so much with my Italian. They speak nice and slow for me, and I also respond nice and slow because it takes me a minute to figure out how to correctly say something! It rained SO hard that night, that we just sat outside of a cafe and talked (they smoked, but not me because even the smell makes me cough!). We all went home around midnight, and by that point I was exhausted so I took a shower and hit the sack! I am looking forward to another fantastic day here tomorrow! ARRIVEDERCI!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment