Monday, September 17, 2012

First Day of School.

Well, today was my first day in an Italian school! Haha. I hardly slept last night because I was so nervous! I even woke up earlier than I had to! I got ready (I wore my white dress with a jean jacket, just fyi) and then rode the bus with my host mom to the school! When  I got there, EVERYONE has to wait ouside until 8:00 am and then everyone rushed to get a good seat in there class. Fabiola introduced me to some girls in my class, so I walked with them! When we got there, all the desks were full so I had to stand in front of the class and wait for them to bring me one (of course this would happen to me). Once my desk was brought in, I sat down and the teacher asked me what my name was and where I was from. He spoke some English, so that was nice. Then he began teaching. He was talking for about 15 minutes, and then he asked me (in English), do you know what I am teaching? Welp... I had no clue haha. So I told him "I have no idea" and so then he told me he was the Latin and Greek teacher. UHM HECK NAH. Learning Latin and Greek in another foreign language ?! Please... so I met with my Italian tutor (we call her buffa, me and the other exchange student from Denmark) and she set up our schedules. I have no math and no science, so I am super happy about that haha. It took about an hour to figure out our schedule and show us how to find our classes, and then we all went out separate ways. I was headed to the gym! It was funny because all the guys were playing volleyball and all the girls were sitting and talking! My host mom is the teacher of that class, so I got to see her during the school day too! She helped me a lot. Everyone was so nice. They all introduced themselves to me and wanted to know about why I wanted to come to Italy, and about Kansas! They are SO nice. I am very blessed for that. After that, the school day was over (only 4 hours today, normally it is 5 hours). Once we left the school, we had to go figure out how to send my global phone back to the USA (it is a pain in the butt). I am very happy though because it gave me a reason to call my mom, so I was able to talk to her for a little bit! I plan on skyping them tonight, if they answer my facebook messages! Haha they want to know all about my first day! So when we got home (around 2:00 pm) we ate lunch (pasta, bread, cheese, fruit), and then I watched a movie and crime shows haha. I was so tired from not getting enough sleep last night that I fell asleep for 2 hours! By that time it was dinner time, and we had risotto with mushrooms, chicken with cheese and I think ham, bread, salad, a peach, and then my host mom made me pancakes with syrup! SHE IS THE BEST. She also said we are making them for breakfast tomorrow! It is so nice of her because it reminds me of home, and they are just as delicious! Now I just finished showering, and am going to start settling down. I hope everyone back in America is having a lovely day! BYE BYE.

No comments:

Post a Comment