Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day Three.

Today, I felt the effects of the jet lag. I woke up at noon! It was crazy. Once I got ready and everything, Andrea came back and we just hung out around the home. Fabiola and Francesco went out on the boat again, but my face was too sunburnt to handle more! We walked to get some gelato, and then went back to the home and actually fell asleep again. I was very tired today! I woke up at around 4:45 pm and got ready to go to the La Spezia soccer game! I put on my eagles shirt (their mascot), and we rode on the scooter to the game! IT WAS ABSOLUTELY CRAZY. There was lots of cussing that's for sure! Also, everyone here smokes. You basically inhale it every single second of the day because someone is always smoking! I always cough when I smell smoke, so here I am trying to hold it in! I am actually getting more used to the smell though, so I guess that's a good thing?! Everyone was very excited when La Spezia won the match! Oh, also whenever they made a goal everyone ran up to the rail and screamed things, but I have no idea what they were saying haha. After the game we walked out to the scooter. There were scooters EVERYWHERE. Everybody rides them here! It is so much fun! The traffic was hilarious though. All the scooters just make their way through whatever space they can. I closed my eyes for some parts! It is definitely my favorite form of transportation though. We rode back to their home in La Spezia, and that is where I am staying tonight! It is a beautiful home. I will take pictures to upload on facebook later! It is absolutely beautiful. When I got here my luggage was also here! YAY! So I gave my family their present, and they loved it! I gave them a wine cork, and then shirts that say "Kansas City", and also a tiny bottle of BBQ sauce! Then I skyped my family for the first time since I have been here! I had a lot to say! After that we ate dinner, which was PIZZA. There were four pizzas, so I was like "wow I guess they like leftovers!" Well you see, they each ate a WHOLE pizza! I could only eat a fourth of mine! Andrea ate some of the rest though so I didn't feel like I wasted AS much haha. Now I just finished skyping my mom, sister, and her friend Tom. I uploaded all the photos from my camera, and I am getting tired! I think I might go to bed now! CIAO A TUTTI.

No comments:

Post a Comment