Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day Eighteen.

Well, since I was so tired from the weekend I over slept today. It was TERRIBLE. I had planned to wake up at 6:30 am (like every other day!), but no. I woke up at 7:30 am, and I leave to meet my friend Caterina to walk to school at 7:40 am! I have never gotten ready for school so quickly in my life. I love walking to school, and buses freak me out so I knew I had to hurry! Fabiola packed me some of the torta di cioccolata for breakfast which was very nice (yes I had cake for breakfast)! When I got to our meeting place, she was already gone! I couldn't blame her though because I did NOT want her to be late! So I walked at a very fast pace (I don't run...) and made it to school on time! When we got there, Mie and myself went to the office to get our schedule for the day. Everything is still a surprise when it comes to our classes. We have been in at least one new classroom everyday, which means more people to meet (and also means you have to look good everyday haha)! We have fun with it, but some classes we cannot stand (I am not going to name them though!). We are making sure that when we make our permanent schedule those classes will not be a part of it. All of our classes today were good, so that wasn't a problem! During our last house (gym), my host mom helped us make our schedule for Tuesday and Wednesday. She said we will figure out the rest later! Everyday is a new adventure, which I am loving. The school part really isn't that much fun at all, but I love the people I have met so far. After school, I walked home alone because Caterina had to stay for an extra hour (somedays they have to stay until 2:00 pm, but not Mie and me). I liked walking home alone because I kind of got to go at my own pace and look at some things I haven't really noticed yet. It was actually very relaxing for me! When I got home, nonna was waiting for me to eat lunch at her home! I didn't know I was eating there so I started to open our door, and I heard her run and yell "aspetta aspetta" which means "wait wait" haha it was funny. I love her. She is amazing, and reminds me of my grandma (I love you grandma and grandpa!). We ate lasagna that Fabiola had made the day before, and it was DELICIOUS. I love Italian food (I literally cannot say that enough). When we were done eating Fabiola came from the school, and she ate some food too! Then Fabiola and I went to our flat. I then uploaded all the photos and videos from the past weekend, and updated my blog! That takes a lot more time than you think (4 hours). Each video took half an hour or so to upload! It was crazy, but I want to show everyone what is going on in my life! Also, Fabiola had to go to the school for a while and I had nothing else to do haha. After that she came back and picked me and Francesco up and we went to Ipercoop (their Costco) to get some food! It was so much fun, because I saw so many different foods! When we entered from the parking lot (you take an elevator with your cart haha), we walked in and then to this little station with all this small electronic devices. Whenever you pick up an item you scan it and put it in your cart, and then if you put something back you scan it again (but hit the minus button) to take it off your list! Once you are done shopping you take the device to this machine and then you pay! There is a lady that stands there and helps you also. Also at the store, there was a ton of seafood. I saw octopus and squid and other things that made me want to vomit, but everything else looked amazing! I thought one area was funny because they had all the cold dairy products down one aisle, and then above it in racks were diapers! Haha I don't know what they have in common, but I guess there is something! Also, there is this cool runway thingy you take to get from the first to second floor of the grocery store with your cart. It is like those runways you can take in the airport if you don't feel like walking! Also it was awesome because Fabiola and Francesco bought me oreos and peanut butter (I told them how much I them)! It was so nice! Then we left the grocery store to go home and eat dinner (it was like 8:45 pm then). We had salmon and pasta, bread, and then some more of the torta di cioccolata! She asked me if I wanted pumpkin pie, and I said "no voglio la torta!" (no, I want the cake). Haha she had said before she made it that once I try this torta I will never want pumpkin pie again! She was right (although I will DEFINITELY eat pumpkin pie again)! After that I skyped my momma for a little bit, and that is always fun/brightens up my day. I had to go early though because I was so tired and I still had to shower! I gave her a goodbye kiss (through the camera of course), and then left to take a shower! Then I went to bed, and now I am going to enjoy another day here in Italia! ARRIVEDERCI!

No comments:

Post a Comment