Monday, September 24, 2012

Day Sixteen.

Today was Saturday. Yes, you would think I would have slept in until noon, but no. Here there is SCHOOL on Saturday! It is the only thing I hate about Italy! It was a very slow day for Mie and myself, but we got through it! Also, during our recreation time, we went to talk to the principal about our schedule for next week, and she said we would have to be in the same class all this week (for us, that meant suicide!). We will have to be in Latin, Greek, Math, Gym, all the classes we don't understand (or don't want to take haha). So that sort of ruined our day. We will get through it though (I guess). After that I went home and ate lunch with Fabiola and Andrea. Then I just hung out around the house until around 6:00 pm. I helped Fabiola make the torta di cioccolata, WOAH. I cannot wait to eat it tomorrow because it looks so good! We made it because we are going to their friends' home for dinner tomorrow night and they are supposed to bring a dessert! I want to eat it right now! After that we all got ready to go out for the night. I am going to Andrea Cremonici's (rotary youth exchange) home for dinner with his daughter and another foreign exchange student! Her name is Megan and she is from Canada! They were both so nice, and the dinner was amazing (and also their home). After we ate dinner, we went out around the town (Sarzana)! They all said that compared to La Spezia, Sarzana definitely has a night life. They were so right. EVERYONE was out! There was music playing in a lot of places, it was really fun! I met some of Dianna's friends, and they were all nice. We left around midnight, and then Francesco picked me up to take me to the party they had been at haha. I talked with a lot of their friends that I already knew, and I then I talked to a lot of new people! Everyone said my italian has improved so much since two weeks ago, and that made me feel so good! I definitely can notice the difference. I can understand most of what people are saying, and I can answer back (although it's a pretty simple response haha). I cannot wait until I don't have to think about what I am saying or what people are saying to me! We danced and I taught them Cotton Eyed Joe when it played! They had a blast with it. We were there until 2:00 am, and I was exhausted. When we got home I showered and then went to sleep! It was a fantastic day. Tomorrow I am going to the Festa dell'Uva so I am super excited! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment