Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Day Twelve.

So me and the other exchange student at my school, Mie from Denmark, are the only students in the school who change classes every hour. Our schedule is different every single day! We are probably in 10 to 12 different classrooms throughout the week! It is fun to meet so many new people though. Whenever we walk into a new classroom, it is funny because everyone becomes quite and stares at us and we just start laughing haha. It is nice because they talk with us and want to know about us and why we chose Italy to come to. Oh! Also everyday I walk to and from school with my friend Caterina, and she is amazing! She is helping me with my Italian! It is starting to get cooler here, so I feel like it is time to pull out the jeans (sorry I am having all these random thoughts pop up in my brain)! In our religion class we met these two girls named Eleonora and Eleonora! THEY ARE SO COOL. They immediately started talking to us and gave us their numbers and said we need to hang out! Haha I love those girls. After that class we had Italian with the fourth year students (in class 2D) and we did not understand anything! It was so hard, and the teacher would talk to us in Italian! We understood her when she asked us questions about ourselves though, so we could answer which was nice! When they speak really slowly and towards us then we can understand! Next we had gym (ew), but we didn't do anything because a girl had fainted and they had to have an ambulance come and get her. It was crazy. So we kind of just hung out together, because some people played volleyball (not me, Mie did though!) and others talked! Then we had Latin... We didn't even try to listen because we already had it once and understood NOTHING. That class we are switching out of! Then our final class for the day, music, was cancelled because they don't have a teacher for it yet, so Mie and I went to the center of La Spezia and shopped around a little bit! She found some nice winter clothing! I just looked haha. Then we went back to the school so she could meet up with her host sister and I could meet up with Caterina! We walked home, and then I cleaned and organized my entire room, and put up my American flag in my room! I am also so happy grooveshark works here (pandora doesn't) so I can make playlists and listen to some music on the laptop! At around 4:00 pm I skyped with my mom until 5:00 pm, and it was awesome to talk to her. I am missing them a lot and I know they miss me too, but they are also so excited for this experience for me (AND I AM TOO)! Sometimes you just have to cry it out I think. It helps so much, and I also journaled about my feelings, and I felt 1000 times better! Fabiola has also helped me so much. We are in similiar situations, so she knows how I feel! To console me she brought me nutella on focacce and pineapple juice (she knows I love it!) and we watched criminal minds together that night also! It was wonderful (: I am blessed to have such an amazing host family! Dinner was also AMAZING tonight. We had a bean soup, and then some sort of breaded chicken dish, HOME MADE FOCACCE (it is the best), and potatoes! SO GOOD. After watching tv with Fabiola I decided to take a shower, and now I go to bed! CIAO EVERYONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment