Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Eve.

IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE! I am so excited! I woke up at 7:00 I was so excited, and it isn't even Christmas Day. I didn't do a ton today, but it was still a really good day for me. We made some of the food for tomorrow, I finished my cards and wrapping last minute gifts, and other things too! We are a lovely lunch all together (including la nonna). Then after we all hung out and watch the soccer game! I listened to a TON of Christmas music also. I am just totally in the Christmas spirit. I love it. I am trying to make the best out of it because I am really missing my family and friends right now during the holidays. So far everything has been fantastic. I have enjoyed every second of the holidays here, and I cannot wait for tomorrow! I also skype with my family and then my aunt, uncle, and cousins! It was awesome. I am really happy I got to talk to them, and they really cheered me up a lot. They always make me laugh! Then at around 5:00 pm I hung out with my friend Caterina and it was fun! We went to a bar and got some appetizers and this delicious mandarine smoothie. It was so delicious. We then went around and said "Merry Christmas" to some of her friends and relatives. It was fun because I got to meet some new people! They were all so nice to me! At around 7:00 pm I returned home, and then at around 9:00 pm we walked across the hall to nonna's home to have Christmas Eve dinner! It was so yummy. We ate these yummy fried breads with meat and cheese (I don't recall the name of them) and then fried fish! SO GOOD. We then ate typical Christmas desserts like panettone, torrone, nuts. dates. raisins, chocolate (lindt), and breads! I was STUFFED. Then we opened some presents! The way they do it here is they open some presents on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas Day. It is like two days of presents! I opened a journal for my italian recipes, an italian purse, and this wrap around scarf I have wanted for forever! I was so happy. Then I gave them the card I wrote the them in italian, and they loved it. They also said I wrote really well which made me feel pretty boss about my life haha. After that I skyped my sister for about an hour. I cannot tell you how much this girl cracks me up, I miss her so much. I don't know what I would do without her in my life. LOVE YOU JULIE. Then I talked to my dad and mom, which was amazing. I love and appreciate my family so much. It makes you realize it even more (by like 123837058575 times) when you are away from them for such a long time and especially during the holidays. I love them so much. I hope their holidays are amazing too (: I am so happy here in Italy, and I thought I should let you all know that so you wouldn't have to worry about how I am doing (: TUTTO BENE (everything's okay)! Now I am going to sleep, and when I wake up it will be Christmas Day! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment